What Information Does NHP Publications Collect?
If you register Your Profile, you are required to fill in a form containing your full name, country, affiliation, and an email address. This information is classified as “personal information” under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). This is the only personal information that we collect through the Site.
Why Do You Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information when you set up Your Profile in order to identify our users. As a peer-reviewed journal, we need to identify who is submitting manuscripts to us and who is applying to be a peer-reviewer to ensure that we are publishing quality articles.
Who Do You Share My Information With?
We do not share your personal information with anyone when you register Your Profile, except in accordance with the next section. If you submit a manuscript which is approved for publication, that manuscript will be published bearing your name as an author. If you agree to peer-review a manuscript which gets published, the manuscript will be published bearing your name as a peer-reviewer.
We may employ third party companies and individuals in Canada, the US or other jurisdictions to facilitate or assist us with providing certain services on our behalf, such as to provide typesetting or copyediting services, and to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below
Would You Ever Share My Information?
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, we may disclose your information without your consent in the following situations:
○ If you have refused to pay an invoice we issued to you and we want to file a claim against you, we would disclose only what information is necessary to collect our outstanding money
○ If we have been served with a subpoena, warrant, or court order requiring us to disclose your information
○ If we are requested to disclose your information to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada and are required to disclose your information under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
○ To a government institution that has demonstrated that it has lawful authority to obtain the information
○ To a government institution or your next of kin if there are reasonable grounds to believe you may be the victim of financial abuse and it’s reasonable to assume that requesting your consent would compromise the ability to prevent or investigate the abuse
○ If otherwise required by law
In any of these situations, we will notify you in advance if we are legally allowed to do so.
In short, we won’t share your information unless we legally have to or to protect someone, and we will always try to get your consent or notify you first if we’re able to.
Can I Opt Out of Providing You with My Information?
If you would like to have Your Profile deleted, please contact us here and we will delete the personal information you provided us with when you set up Your Profile.
Last Updated: January 2019