By visiting the Site, you represent and warrant that you are an individual over 18 years of age and have the capacity to enter a contract, or that you are a company being represented by an agent who is authorized to bind you.
The Services include, and are limited to, a website that allows you access to and use of peer-reviewed published articles made available by the NHP Publications, and the ability to submit manuscripts and other documents for publication.
In order to submit manuscripts or other documents through the Site, you must register a profile (“Your Profile”). You are responsible for all of the activity on Your Profile, even if you decide to let someone else access Your Profile.
We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement without notice to you and cease providing Services to you for any reason, including if you breach the Agreement or break any laws with your use of the Services. If we choose to stop providing Services to you, we will delete Your Profile.
You can choose to stop using our Services any time you want, by simply no longer visiting the Site. If you would like to have Your Profile removed, contact us here.
Articles and accompanying materials published by the NHP Publications on the Site, unless otherwise indicated, are licensed by the respective authors of such articles for use and distribution by you subject to citation of the original source in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License.
However, the rest of the content on the Site, including text, graphics, and code, remains ours or our licensors’ (“Our Content”). We are granting you a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, revocable license to use our Site in accordance with the terms in this Agreement. You agree not to reproduce or publish any material contained on the Site without attributing it to the Site.
As a condition to your use of the Site, you agree:
○ To accurately identify yourself to us, not to impersonate another person or organization, and not to misrepresent your affiliation with any organization;
○ To use the Site solely for reading and/or download of articles, interacting with Our Content, and the submission of manuscripts or other documents as called for on the Site of which you are an author;
○ To follow all of the guidelines as published on the Site;
○ Not to attempt to collect other visitors’ personal information;
○ Not to use the Site to send us, users, or visitors any material except for manuscripts or other documents as called for on the Site to be considered for publication;
○ To use the Services for lawful and authorized purposes only. You must not violate any laws in your country of residence, Canada, or the Province of Ontario through your use of the Services.
By submitting manuscripts or other documents as called for on the Site for publication on the URNCST Site, you agree to comply with the terms of this Agreement, have the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license applied to material you submit, and provide any information required by the NHP Publications during or as part of the submission and peer-review process. You are responsible for all of the content you submit to be considered for publication, and you represent and warrant that any content you do submit does not violate the rights (intellectual property or otherwise) of any third party.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site, our Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice to you at any time. We also reserve the right to modify the terms of this Agreement, by posting updated terms on this page. If you have provided us with contact information we will notify you of any changes as they occur. If you have not provided us with your contact information, it is your responsibility to periodically visit the pages of this Agreement to review the latest version of this Agreement.
The Site contains links to other websites, including social media plugins. You agree that the NHP Publications is not responsible for any damage or losses suffered as a result of your visit to a third-party website.
If you believe that any published content or Our Content on this Site violates your legal rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright or otherwise, please contact us here.
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are being provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. The NHP Publications makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee as to the performance of its Services, and disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. The NHP Publications cannot guarantee that any files or other data you download from the Site will be free of viruses, malware, or similar defects.
Under no circumstances shall the NHP Publications or its employees, agents, suppliers or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, damages for loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, loss of goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of the Services or the content on the Site. The NHP Publications is not liable for the actions of third parties, including hacking and malware.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the NHP Publications, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, contractors, agents, and suppliers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys fees as and when incurred) arising from your use of the Services, your use of the Site, your use of Your Profile, your violation of this Agreement or the infringement or violation by you or anyone acting through Your Profile or otherwise on your behalf, of any intellectual property relating to the Service or other right of any person or entity.
You are solely responsible for your actions when using the Site, as well as when you access Your Profile.
Document submissions made through the Site, publications published on the Site, Our Content, and your personal information may reside on servers in Canada, the United States, or elsewhere globally. You agree to comply with all applicable laws relevant to your jurisdiction. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
○ The headings provided in this Agreement are for convenience and navigational assistance only, and shall have no legal or contractual effect.
○ If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you and the NHP Publications nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
○ Limitation on Actions. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action brought against the NHP Publications, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, contractors, agents, and suppliers arising out of or related to use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
○ Governing Law, Forum, and Injunctive Relief. You and the NHP Publications both agree that this Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and you and the NHP Publications irrevocably attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario. This section will not prevent a Party from seeking injunctive relief in a convenient forum.
Last updated: October 2018